If you like pickles and mayo you’ll love this dip. It combines a creamy texture with the sharp tang of vinegar and pickles. It’s really quick to make.
175g (6 oz) silken tofu
235g (8 oz) vegan mayonnaise – we use Plamil
1.5 tsp grain mustard
100g (3½ oz) capers, chopped fine
90g (3 oz) gherkins, chopped fine
1. Blend the first three ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Stir in capers and gherkins.
2. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Serve with anything breaded (tofu, onions, mushrooms etc.) or battered (vegan ‘fish’, potato scallops etc.).
- Use all capers, all gherkins or a mixture of both, depending on what you prefer.
- If you like tartare sauce and you like potato salad, try this recipe for Russian salad, it has elements of both dishes and is delicious.