We use this lemon curd in our lemon cakes (recipe coming next week). It is extra-zesty and lemony so that it gives the cake a nice tangy flavour. Most lemon curd in the shops is not suitable for vegans so if you are craving lemon curd give this recipe a go, it is very quick and easy.
1. Dissolve cornflour in a little of the lemon juice.
2. Put rest of ingredients into a saucepan and stir in cornflour mixture thoroughly.
3. Bring to the boil, stirring every so often. Boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
4. Put saucepan in a sink of cold water and beat to cool the lemon curd.
5. Keeps well for over 3 weeks in fridge.
Update 01.09.11. This recipe will make enough lemon curd to fill about 6-8 cakes. The recipe works if you halve it, but I have not tried scaling it down further than that.
So… here are some ideas to use the remaining: spread on bread or toast; as a filling between biscuit halves; or thinned down and used as a delicious tangy sauce on waffles, pancakes or cakes – serve hot or cold.