This recipe is based on one from Pogo Cafe. It is really good with smoked tofu as well.
Red Pepper & Courgette Mini-Quiche
1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Make pastry as per recipe below and roll out. Use a 4¼ inch cutter to cut 12 circles to fit yorkshire pudding tins. Bake without filling for 10 minutes.
3. Fry the onion for a few minutes then add the courgette and red pepper. Fry until they begin to soften.
4. Take off the heat and add the tofu, tomato puree, condiments, cheese and enough soya milk to moisten the mixture.
5. Place mixture into each case and bake for about 30 minutes. Makes 12.
1. Make pastry by rubbing the margarine into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add enough water to make a dough which is soft, but not sticky. If prefered replace all/part of the margarine with white fat (e.g. Trex). Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before use.