This delicious coconut raspberry slice is based on a recipe by Dreena Burton. The original recipe contains gluten, but was easy to make gluten-free as in the recipe below which just takes minutes to make.
Coconut Raspberry Slice
Base: 3 1/2oz (100g) desiccated coconut
2 oz (55g) rice flour
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 floz (60 ml) soya/rice milk
2 floz (60 ml) agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla essence
Centre: 6oz (170g) raspberry jam
Topping: 2oz (55g) desiccated coconut
1oz (30g) rice flour
1 1/2 tablespoons rapeseed or other vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Combine all the topping ingredients together and work into a crumbly mixture with your hands.
3. Next make the base, stir the dry ingredients together then mix in the wet ones to achieve a fairly thick mixture.
4. Spoon the base mixture into a greased 8 inch x 8 inch square cake tin. Spread the raspberry jam over the mixture, then sprinkle the topping mixture over the jam.
5. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the topping is light golden brown and the jam is slightly bubbling. Allow to cool before cutting into slices.